Peruvian footballer Paolo Guerrero showed a middle finger to referee in Flamengo’s game against Internacional.
The 35-year-old Guerrero showed a middle finger to match referee in a Series -A game between Flamengo and Internacional.
The incident took place just before the half time when referee Luiz Oliveira gave a red card to the Peruvian footballer. Flamengo’s midfielder Guerrero clashed with Rodrigo Caio and after this incident there was some verbal exchange between him and match referee.
After getting a red card, Flamengo’s Paolo Guerrero lost his control and showed a middle finger. Before this, Internacional’s Bruno Vieira got a red card for blocking Gabriel Barbosa’s shot.
After Guerrero’s exclusion from the team, Flamengo played with 10 players and won the match by 3-1 against the home team Internacional. This was an eighth consecutive victory for the Brazilian football club.
Gabriel Barbosa, Arrascaeta and Bruno Henrique each scored one goal for Flamengo while Edenilson scored the only goal for Internacional.
Fans’ Reaction on Twitter:
Football fans are not happy with Guerrero behaviour with the referee in the match against Internacional. Fans showed their anger on Twitter and criticized Paolo Guerrero for his rude behaviour.
Five Players who have shown middle finger in a football match
1. Dele Alli: Two years ago, English footballer Delle Alli gave middle finger salute after England’s 2-1 win over Slovakia at Wembley. After this incident, FIFA banned Dele Alli from one International match.
2. Jack Wilshere: In December 2013, Arsenal’s Wilshere showed middle finger in a match between Arsenal and Manchester City. This incident took place when Wilshere thought that he had won a corner but referee did not gave the goal to Arsenal. He showed middle finger after disagreeing with match referee’s decision. After this incident, Jack Wilshere was banned for the two matches.
3. Paulo Machado: Four years ago, the 34-year-old Portuguese midfielder Paulo Machado was fined $110,000 for showing the middle finger to the fans in a Champions League match. He showed the middle finger to the crowd after getting booed by his own fans.
4. Daniel Carvajal: In December 2016, Spanish footballer Daniel Carvajal showed the middle finger to the Barca fans in El Clasico game. He scored the only goal of the match for Madrid and celebrated by showing the middle finger to Barcelona fans. Later, he apologized Barca fans for this incident.
5. Fabrício dos Santos Silva: In 2015, Brazilian midfielder Fabricio showed the middle finger to his own team fans. Due to this behaviour, the referee gave a red card to Fabricio. After this incident, Fabricio took his shirt off and threw it to the ground. Due to this behaviour the club suspended him.