Currently, India is a No.1 side in a longest formt of the game.
Currently, India is the No.1 team in Test cricket. Since 2016, India is at No.1 position in the ICC Test rankings. Under the leadership of Virat Kohli, team India saw many big moments and victories in the last three years in Test cricket.
In 2018, India had registered their first-ever Test series victory on the Australian soil. In the World Test Championship, India is at the top in the points table with a total of 360 points. Till now, India did not lose a single match in the World Test Championship.
All the cricket pundits and former cricketers are very impressed with the Indian team’s performance in Test cricket. Everyone is comparing India’s current Test team with the team of Ricky Ponting and Clive Lloyd.
All other teams know that it is very hard to beat India’s current team in the longest format of the game. Now, the question is can all the top players together beat India in Test cricket.
World XI that can beat India in the Test cricket
1.David Warner: The 33-year-old Australian is the first opener in this World XI. He is an aggressive opener who can change the match in one session. Warner is the same as the former Indian opener Virender Sehwag. In the 80 Test matches, he has scored 22 centuries.
2. Dean Elgar: The left-handed South African batsmen Dean Elgar is the second opener. His playing style is totally opposite to David Warner. Till now, he has played 56 Test matches for The Proteas and scored 3412 runs.
3. Kane Williamson (C): The current New Zealand captain, Kane Williamson is a one-down batsman in this team and also he the captain of this World XI. Kane Williamson is very good batsman technically. Till now, he has played 75 Test matches and his current batting average is 50+ which is very impressive.
4. Steven Smith: Steven Smith who is also known as the Bradman of modern-day cricket is the No.4 batsman in this team. Steven Smith’s current batting average is 64.00 in Test cricket. Currently, Smith is at No.1 position in the ICC Test rankings. Most of the cricketers believe that it is very tough to get Smith’s wicket in Test cricket.
5. Joe Root: We can’t exclude the batsman like Joe Root from this team. Joe Root is a technically sound batsman and on his day he can change the game single-handedly.
6. Ben Stokes: It is very difficult to reject the cricketer of the year 2019 from this team. Every team wants the all-rounder like Ben Stokes in their team. Ben Stokes is a fine batsman and good seam bowler also. Many times he led England to the victory in Test cricket by his greatest performances.
7. Jos Buttler (WK): The 29-year-old English batsman is a wicket-keeper of this team. Buttler is a technically correct batsman and also good in hitting big shots. Till now, he has played 36 Test matches for England with an average of 34.
8. Mitchell Santner: The 27-year-old Kiwi cricketer is the only spinner in this team. Till now, he has played only 19 Test matches but in these matches, he was very effective with the ball and bat also. He is one of the players who can change the game with ball and with the bat also.
9. Jofra Archer: Archer is the first fast bowler in this team. He has very less experience in Test cricket but his pace makes him a lethal fast bowler. He is a good fast bowler who can bowl with a good pace.
10. Pat Cummins: Currently, Pat Cummins is one of the best fast bowlers in Test cricket. Till now, he has taken 128 wickets in 26 Test matches.
11. Kagiso Rabada: The 24-year-old South African, has played 40 Test matches and took 183 wickets with an impressive average of 22.5. Every team wants a bowler like Rabada who can beat any batsman with his pace.