CWC 2019: India to begin their WC campaign today against South Africa
What unites the nation more than the Indian Cricket team?
The Indian cricket team during the ICC Cricket World Cup.
The World Cup kicked off on May 30, and India are ready to launch their campaign at the power-packed event today.
A NEW INVERTED TEAM INDIA
It is a team that hinges its hopes of winning a third title more on the bottom end of playing XI than on the top, but with a vast void in the middle order.
It was always the Indian batsmen and to a lesser extent the spinners who were pampered with excess and wrapped in the proverbial cotton wool.
Today if one is to walk around the dusty maidans that sprinkle our cities and towns, or scan through the stadium on an India match day, it will be hard not to notice that there are just as many knock-offs jerseys of Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar as there are of Dhoni and Kohli.
Ready to drive down the fast lane
With arguably the best pace bowling attack in one-day cricket, Virat’s boys gear up for a happy English summer.
In Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami and Bhuvneshwar Kumar, India has finally found a band of fast men who can change the annals of bowling history steeped in spin.
Turn, Turn, Turn: A time to make it count
India’s slow ball attack which includes two of the world’s best spinners in Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal makes Virat’s boys favourite in the tournament.
The emergence of a speedy, dangerous and incisive Indian pace attack may be hogging all the attention, but the team itself will bank equally on its spin strength to carry it forward in the World Cup.
Virat Kohli factor
The world’s best ODI batsman. He is fastest to 8,000 and fastest to 10,000 runs. Ian Chappell thinks he could be the greatest of all time in the 50 over format.
Still need convincing? Well take this.. Sir Viv Richards thinks the India captain remind him of himself.
In 11 ODI’s this year, he has three hundreds – taking him one short of 50 tons.
Kohli bats with brio, but is also the champion of chase.
Top of their game
Kohli will bank heavily on Sharma and Dhawan. Sharma has the big game temprament. He will bide his time, raise the tempo gradually and finish off games with booming hits.
Dhawan has an even more crucial role to play simply because he is the sole left hander batsmen among the specialist batsman.
In contrast to the top order is MS Dhoni’s story. He is now the flavour of Indian cricket. The team has always stood behind him firmly.
He may not be the captain anymore but he is undoubtedly the mastermind of Indian cricket.
Power hitting is not India’s strongest suite, and they make up for that by smart cricket at death.
That is why Kedar Jadhav is valued so highly.
Indian players with best records in England
- Shikhar Dhawan – Dhawan saves his best for the ICC tournament in the UK. He burst onto the scene in 2013 Champions Trophy with two hundred in his first two matches at Cardiff and the Oval. With 701 runs in 10 innings, no player has scored more runs in 50 over ICC events hosted on these shores.
- Ravindra Jadeja – The all-rounder has excelled in England with both bat and ball. His two highest scores of 87 and 78 came at Headingley and The Oval respectively, while his career-best figures of 5-36 came against WI during the 2013 Champions Trophy, also at The Oval
What could work for India
- Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan have together scored 2,609 runs since 2015 World Cup, the most by any pair in the world.
- The another partnership between Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma, which has scored 2,365 runs, the third-highest in the world.
- With wrist spinners, Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav and Impressive death bowler Jasprit Bumrah India are ready to begin the campaign.
DKODING WISHES TEAM INDIA ALL THE VERY BEST #BleedBlue