Summit to engage with key opinion leaders to discuss how India is performing on socio-economic issues from attracting investment and supporting agriculture to tackling unemployment and reforming energy policies
MUMBAI, Oct. 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Compared to an ‘elephant starting to run’, India is on track to be one of the fastest- growing economies in the world according to the IMF. India’s economic growth has been a top priority at both the national and state levels during Narendra Modi’s first term as Prime Minister. However, data released in early 2019 by the Central Statistics Office showed that GDP growth has been slowing. Different parts of the country are experiencing varying levels of growth and prosperity. Whilst some states are considered middle-income, others trail in poverty, and issues such as stagnation in industry, the agrarian crisis and depressed wages loom large.
What must happen now to spur India’s sustainable growth trajectory? How can Indian businesses be empowered to drive equitable and sustainable growth?
The Economist Events’ India Summit will convene more than 150 policymakers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, leading academics and the foremost experts for a full day of fruitful discussions.
- Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, Chief Minister, Andhra Pradesh
- Suneeta Reddy, Managing Director, Apollo Hospitals Group
- Ila Patnaik, Professor, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy; Former Principal Economic Adviser, Government of India
- Zarin Daruwala, Chief Executive, Standard Chartered Bank India
- Guenter Butschek, Managing Director and Chief Executive, Tata Motors
- Padma Parthasarathy, Senior Vice-president and Global Head, Consulting And Digital Services, Tech Mahindra
- Hemant Kanoria, Chairman and Managing Director, Srei Infrastructure Finance
- Ronnie Screwvala, Co-founder and Chairman, upGrad; Co-founder, Swades Foundation
- Deepak Bagla, Chief Executive and Managing Director, Invest India
- Rohit Kapoor, Chief Executive Officer, New Real estate businesses, OYO Hotels and Homes
- Rajesh Magow, Co-founder and Chief Executive, MakeMyTrip
View the latest agenda
Tickets to India Summit are available for online purchase. To register, please visit india.economist.com
To engage with India Summit on social media, use #EconIndia in your conversations and follow @EconomistEvents.
About The Economist Events
The Economist Events is the leading provider of international forums for senior executives seeking new insights into strategic issues. These meetings include industry conferences, management events and government roundtables held around the world. As part of The Economist Group, The Economist Events is a highly respected brand with a 162-year history and an unrivalled reputation for excellence and independence.
Each meeting organised by The Economist Events delivers objective and informed analysis. Our meetings provide unusually high-level forums where senior executives can gain insights, exchange views and compare strategies.
Visit www.economist.com/events for more information.
Allison+Partners is a global marketing communications agency with 30 offices worldwide. The firm was named PRWeek’s 2017 “Best Place to Work,” The Holmes Report’s 2017 “Digital Agency of the Year” and 2016 “Asia Pacific Corporate Agency of the Year.”
Visit www.allisonpr.com for more information.
For further details and questions, and to register your attendance, please contact Allison+Partners, India Summit’s PR agency:
The content is by PR NewsWire. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.