BENGALURU, May 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — As humanitarian organisations which have spearheaded service beyond borders for four decades, protecting diverse vulnerable communities across the world, advancing inner peace and social resilience, their response to the pandemic has been timely.
The Founder of The Art of Living and global humanitarian leader, Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said, “The pandemic has created a global crisis with far-reaching social, economic and spiritual repercussions. Our resilience during these challenging times will be tested not only by how we combat the spread of the virus but how we build a better society and emerge stronger.”
- #iStandwithHumanity: 2.5 Million families reached
- #iStandWithHumanity is a campaign launched to raise awareness and bring relief to daily wage workers and their families, who have been deeply impacted by the pandemic.
- 75,122,069 meals have been served to 2.5 million families as of 13 May 2020, across India.
- Dry rations and bulk supplies to community kitchens have also been served.
- The film and television fraternity in Bollywood stood behind this campaign and offered financial support.
- Care of frontline workers and the medical community: One million medical personnel benefitted.
The organisation, while extending immense gratitude for their service, also provided avenues for medical workers to cope with stress in these trying times. The sessions organized for medical health workers helped them find peace of mind.
- PPE kits: Medical Equipment, defibrillators, infrared thermometers, N95 masks and sanitisers have been donated to multiple hospitals across the country.
- Mental Health and well-being: 60 Million Impressions
The organisation has provided:
- Free breath and meditation workshops to those on the frontline.
- Immunity building workshops across the country.
- Anxiety help-line for those mentally affected by the pandemic.
- Trauma Relief and COVID-19 care programmes in slums across the country.
A seminar with UNICEF and WHO to create awareness about the social stigma and discrimination during the pandemic.
Gurudev addressed an 800,000 strong community of chemists and druggists and a conclave of senior doctors from the US and India where the mental health of the medical workers was discussed. Open discussions and sharing of concerns by members of the medical community about their fears, uncertainties and questions about managing patients and team morale that found deeply meaningful advice by Gurudev, were the highpoint of the online conclaves.
- Through Leadership: Reaching 2 Million in 144 countries each day.
Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has been leading 2 million people through transformative meditation experiences every day since the worldwide lockdowns started, to help people find peace and joy within even as external situations remain uncertain. The meditations have reportedly helped people course over vulnerability, anxiety, fear, stress, feelings of loneliness, loss and grief in the wake of the pandemic.
As more people look for peace of mind and a way out of anxiety and stress, a recent tweet from Google mentioned that ‘Meditate with Sri Sri‘ has been one of the most searched keywords in last few days.
Gurudev has reached out to a diverse cross-section of society in the time of this global pandemic giving them strength and rekindling hope. CEOs, leading business associations, Fortune 500 companies as well as SMEs and MSMEs, entrepreneurs, musicians, and artists have been connecting with Gurudev online, seeking moments of solace and meditative pauses amidst the spiralling economic situation and difficult business decisions.
Concerns about the economy, disquiet in these uncertain times, tips and tricks to build immunity and go through the lockdown calmly have all been topics of these digital conversations.
Gurudev also discussed the other social and environmental implications of the pandemic and related lockdown and reorientation of mindsets that societies will need to make, involving women leaders from around the world in a conversation on mitigating domestic violence, exploring developmental priorities, and re-writing leadership norms.
“We thank everyone around the globe who are working and contributing towards this noble cause at this challenging time,” Darshak Hathi, President IAHV, International said.
About Art of Living
The Art of Living Foundation is a volunteer-based, humanitarian and educational non-governmental organization (NGO) founded by Gurudev Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in 1981. It has centres in more than 156 countries. It offers several stress-elimination and self-development programs based on breathing techniques, meditation and yoga. It also runs several social projects worldwide.speakers of the century and Forbes ranked Sri Sri as the 5th most powerful person in India.
For more information, please visit: https://www.artofliving.org/in-en
Media Contact Details:
Neelam Kochar Singh
Art of Living
The content is by PR NewsWire. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.