OTTAWA, Ontario, Oct. 2, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — For the first time ever, the Royal Canadian Mint has proudly crafted an innovative poppy-shaped silver coin. The 2019 $10 Fine Silver Coin – Remembrance Day is the work of Mint product manager and artist Jamie Desrochers, whose multi-layered engraving and colouring give the poppy a sense of depth and airiness. This latest innovation adds to the long list of coins issued by the Mint in support of Canada’s annual Remembrance tradition.
In another creative tribute to Canada’s fallen soldiers, artist Kerry Weller has designed the 2019 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Lest We Forget. It features a Murano glass poppy crowning an engraved field of poppies overlaid by a cross bearing the timeless inscription: “LEST WE FORGET – N’OUBLIONS JAMAIS”. Both of these coins are available as of today.
The Mint’s Research & Development Team has created another memorable and innovative keepsake with the 2019 $50 Fine Silver Coin – The Centennial Flame of Canada. From three ounces of pure silver, it has faithfully reproduced every detail of the iconic Parliament Hill monument that commemorates each Canadian province and territory’s entrance into Confederation. From its antique finish that emulates stonework, to ultra-high and deep-sunk relief that duplicates its intricate contours, this coin is a sophisticated miniature of a famed Ottawa landmark.
Still more creativity can be found on the 2019 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Feather, the first feather-shaped coin, created in reverence to the eagle and its plumage — two symbols with deep cultural and spiritual meaning to Canada’s Indigenous peoples. On its reverse, Artist Andy Everson depicted an eagle’s head in a Northwest Coast style to help produce a pure silver collectible that celebrates K’ómoks and Kwakwa̱ka̱’wakw culture in an unforgettable way.
Other unique collectibles launching this month include:
- The 2019 $125 Fine Silver Coin –Tall Ships of Canada, a half-kilogram, selectively gold-plated coin featuring a collaboration between artists Yves Bérubé and Neil Hamelin, who illustrated four tall ships from Canadian maritime history;
- The 2019 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Sky Wonders: Light Pillars, designed by artist Tony Bianco;
- 2019 $30 Fine Silver Coin Golden Reflections – Predator and Prey: Wolves and Elk, a fully gold-plated coin designed by W. Allan Hancock;
- 2019 $100 Fine Silver Coin – Great Seal of the Province of Canada, a selectively gold-plated masterpiece that reproduces every minute detail of the Great Seal that officially symbolized pre-Confederation Canada from 1841 to 1867;
- The 2020 $25 Fine Silver Coin Multifaceted Animal Head: Grizzly Bear, designed by Mint Engraver Alex Tirabasso;
- The 2019 $20 Fine Silver Coin – Canada’s Unexplained Phenomena: The Shag Harbour Incident, a new UFO-inspired glow-in-the-dark coin designed by Pandora Young;
- The 2019 50-Cent Lenticular Coin Spooky Canada: Hostelling International Ottawa Jail Hostel, a new supernatural-themed coin that brings to life one of Ottawa’s best-known ghost stories, designed by artist Emmanuel Julian Madail Monzon;
- The 2019 $3 Fine Silver Coin – Celebrating Canadian Fun and Festivities – Whale Watching, designed by Steve Hepburn; and
- The 2019 $5 Fine Silver Coin – Zodiac Series: Scorpio, designed by Jori Van Der Linde.
All of these products can be ordered directly from the Mint at 1-800-267-1871 in Canada,
1-800-268-6468 in the US, or on the Mint’s web site. The coins are also available at Royal Canadian Mint boutiques in Ottawa and Winnipeg, as well as through our global network of dealers and distributors, including participating Canada Post outlets.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint is the Crown corporation responsible for the minting and distribution of Canada’s circulation coins. The Mint is recognized as one of the largest and most versatile mints in the world, offering a wide range of specialized, high quality coinage products and related services on an international scale. For more information on the Mint, its products and services, visit www.mint.ca. Follow the Mint on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
For further information: Alex Reeves, Senior Manager, Public Affairs, Tel: (613) 884-6370, firstname.lastname@example.org
The content is by PR NewsWire. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.