Compliance education leader will offer courses for North American Securities Administrators Association’s Investment Adviser Representative Continuing Education Model Rule
Raleigh, N.C., Oct. 21, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — RegEd has been approved to offer Investment Adviser Representative Continuing Education (IAR CE) courses for registered IARs subject to the North American Securities Administrators Association’s Investment Adviser Representative Continuing Education Model Rule. Content management vendor Prometric has approved RegEd as an IAR CE provider on behalf of NASAA.
Designed to close a gap in CE needed for IARs, NASAA’s IAR CE model rule requires IARs to complete 12 hours of NASAA-approved CE courses annually. “Like other financial services professionals, IARs will be able to better serve and protect investors by remaining current with securities laws and industry best practices via robust continuing education,” said Brandi Brown, senior vice president of regulatory affairs for RegEd. “As the leading provider of CE programs for the financial services industry, RegEd looks forward to enabling IARs to efficiently fulfill these new requirements.”
- Approved by NASAA members in November 2020, the model rule is being implemented on a state-by-state basis.
- The IAR CE requirements begin taking effect on Jan. 1, 2022, when the first states implement the model rule.
- The IAR CE requirements only apply to IARs in states that have adopted NASAA’s model rule.
IARs must complete:
- Six credits annually in Products and Practices
- Six credits annually in Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Courses must be delivered by a CE provider approved by NASAA.
Prometric has approved RegEd as a CE provider based on criteria such as:
- Ability to meet the learning objectives and goals of IAR CE;
- Quality of the instructors and materials;
- Qualifications of the instructors;
- Experience in delivering educational content, such as training or CE;
- Prior customer/student evaluations;
- Timeliness of content;
- Ability to track and report course/content completion; and
- Prior experience in the financial services industry.
RegEd’s solution for IAR CE
RegEd is an approved provider of Investment Adviser Representative Continuing Education (IAR CE) courses for registered IARs of state-registered and federally covered investment advisers subject to the NASAA model rule.
Key Capabilities and Benefits:
- Extensive catalog of courses to meet the IAR CE requirement*
- Guided course selection so advisers can quickly and easily select the correct courses to complete their CE requirement
- Simple integration with a firm’s Firm Element program
- All RegEd IAR CE courses offer Designation credit
*Courses developed by RegEd are currently pending approval by NASAA and Prometric.
For more information on RegEd’s IAR CE Solution, visit https://www.reged.com/iar-ce/.
RegEd is the leading provider of Compliance Education, Product Training and Annual Compliance Programs to the financial services industry. Each year RegEd delivers more than 1 million CE courses and insurance certificates. RegEd pioneered the industry-leading Annuities Training Platform, and, in partnership with the Insured Retirement Institute (IRI), delivers product training and state suitability courses to close to 200,000 producers representing more than 80% of annuities carriers.
Established in 2000 by former regulators, the company is also recognized for continuous regulatory technology innovation with enterprise-grade solutions hallmarked by workflow-directed processes, data integration, regulatory intelligence, automated validations, business process automation and compliance dashboards. The aggregate drives the highest levels of operational efficiency and enables clients to cost-effectively comply with regulations and continuously mitigate risk.
Trusted by the nation’s top financial services firms, RegEd’s proven, holistic approach to RegTech meets firms where they are on the compliance and risk management continuum, scaling as their needs evolve and transforming the value proposition that compliance delivers. For more information, please visit https://www.reged.com.
CONTACT: Eric Clements firstname.lastname@example.org
The content is by GlobeNewswire. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.