– LC 500h Limited Edition inspired by air-racing aerodynamic technology
– Specially developed rear wing fashioned with carbon fiber for enhanced driving pleasure & superior handling
– Exclusive Black ornamentation used on garnish, grille, rear wing and wheels to create a sharp, taut impression that evokes the image of a powerful bird
– Unique black AlcantaraTM trimmed sport seats with Saddle Tan accents and seat belts
NEW DELHI, MUMBAI and BANGALORE, India, March 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Lexus India has launched a limited-edition model of its sports coupe- the LC 500h. Inspired by the graceful flight of birds and airplanes, this special edition focuses on a refined aerodynamic performance that aims to elevate sense of driving.
The new LC Limited Edition is inspired by a partnership between air race pilot Yoshihide Muroya and Lexus engineers. The Lexus team worked on different ways to create efficiencies for Muroya’s aircraft, from refining the grip design of the control column to maximizing aerodynamics efficiencies using testing data learned on Lexus automobiles. The partnership ultimately assisted Muroya on his path to winning the 2017 Red Bull Air Race World Championships.
With a team consisting some of the same engineers who built the Lexus LFA supercar on board, Lexus took a unique approach by turning a preconceived concept on its head – literally. They found that taking an airplane wing and flipping it upside down improved maneuverability and efficiency at the wingtips. This led to the creation of an exquisite carbon-fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) rear wing that realizes greater steering responsiveness and stability without disrupting the LC’s inherent vehicle stability. The LC 500h Limited Edition meets the demanding production quality expected of Lexus vehicles and offers a captivating design in harmony with exhilarating performance.
- The LC 500h Limited Edition is available in three striking colours that accentuate the design of the vehicle – White Nova Glass Flake, Sonic Silver, and Black.
- The interiors are adorned with Black AlcantaraTM trimmed seats that feature elegant Saddle Tan accents and seat belts.
- The steering wheel, shift lever and door trims are also accented in Black AlcantaraTM trim.
- An exclusive carbon-fiber scuff plate integrates the LC silhouette and lettering that reads “LC Limited Edition” & “LEXUS”.
- A sporty & aggressively styled 21-inch forged wheel, exclusive to the LC Limited Edition, aids in lower drag co-efficient with the same level of rigidity.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. P. B. Venugopal, President of Lexus India, said, “We are very excited to announce the addition of the exclusive limited edition of the LC 500h. With its bold, aviation-inspired design language, we are confident that it will be well received by our discerning guests who value and appreciate the quality of finer things in life.”
The LC 500h Limited Edition will be available at a starting price of INR 2,15,60,000.
The LC 500 Convertible was named the Best Luxury Car of 2021 in the Women’s World Car of the Year (WWCOTY) awards.
The model is among nine category winners recognized for their excellence in their segment, taking into account qualities including design, safety and comfort as key factors. As a category winner, it now goes forward for consideration for the Best Car of the Year title, to be announced by WWCOTY on 8 March, International Women’s Day.
Lexus launched in 1989 with a flagship sedan and a guest experience that helped define the premium automotive industry. In 1998, Lexus introduced the luxury crossover category with the launch of the Lexus RX. The luxury hybrid sales leader, Lexus delivered the world’s first luxury hybrid and has since sold over 1.5 million hybrid vehicles. A global luxury automotive brand with an unwavering commitment to bold, uncompromising design, exceptional craftsmanship, and exhilarating performance, Lexus has developed its lineup to meet the needs of the next generation of global luxury guests and is currently available in over 90 countries worldwide. Lexus associates/team members across the world are dedicated to crafting amazing experiences that are uniquely Lexus, and that excite and change the world.
+91 70224 53025
The content is by PR NewsWire. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.