FortiGate Delivers Enterprise-class Security, Prevents Ransomware, Delivers Hyperscale and Enables Work-from-Anywhere with Built-in ZTNA and SD-WAN Capabilities
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) —
John Maddison, EVP of Products and CMO at Fortinet
“Fortinet’s Security-driven Networking innovations continue to set us apart from the competition. FortiGate Next-generation Firewalls (NGFWs) are designed to deliver advanced security and threat protection, while also enabling the network to scale and change without compromising security operations. We believe that our recognition again as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls is a testament to our ability to deliver industry-first innovations, such as built-in Secure SD-WAN and ZTNA capabilities, that enable customers to adapt to changing business requirements such as supporting remote and hybrid work.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has been named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls, marking the twelfth time Fortinet has been recognized in this Magic Quadrant.
Powered by Fortinet’s custom-built SPUs, FortiGate Next-generation Firewalls (NGFWs) deliver industry-leading enterprise security to protect any edge at scale for customers around the globe. As part of Fortinet’s unique Security-driven Networking approach, which deeply integrates an organization’s network infrastructure and security architecture, the FortiGate NGFW is the only cybersecurity solution on the market that provides natively integrated Secure SD-WAN and ZTNA capabilities without requiring additional licensing to improve security, reduce costs and complexity, and simplify network operations.
Fortinet believes that its placement as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls is a result of FortiGate’s ability to deliver:
- Broad Protection – The digital attack surface has continued to expand and organizations are facing growing cyberthreats. The latest FortiGuard Labs Global Threat Landscape Report reported a tenfold year-over-year increase in ransomware attacks. With artificial intelligence and machine learning-enhanced FortiGuard Security Services, the FortiGate NGFW enables large enterprises to manage internal and external threats, prevent ransomware attacks, and avoid business disruptions to protect hybrid and hyperscale architectures with coordinated, automatically shared threat intelligence of AI/ML-powered FortiGuard services.
- Consolidation – IT teams struggle to keep pace with the volume and sophistication of cyberthreats as the threat landscape expands and organizations continue to introduce new digital innovations. To reduce product sprawl and simplify operations, FortiGate consolidates essential services like IPS, anti-malware, and web and video filtering capabilities with networking functionality such as SD-WAN to achieve the industry’s best total cost of ownership.
- Automation – Network and security leaders continue to face challenges as a result of the growing cybersecurity skills gap. The FortiGate NGFW, managed through Fortinet’s Fabric Management Center, helps address these challenges by providing centralized single-pane-of-glass management capabilities and integration with 400+ ecosystem partners to simplify operations, coordinate workflows, and deliver consistent policy enforcement across the hybrid network managed via on-premise or from the cloud.
- Work-from-Anywhere – As businesses rapidly transition to the work-from-anywhere model, security must be top-of-mind. FortiGate natively enables both Zero Trust Network Access Proxy and SD-WAN without additional licenses, allowing users to access applications and resources from anywhere, at any time with constant authentication, while building effective compliance and security controls.
Enterprise Customers Continue to Rely on FortiGate NGFWs
In addition to being a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Network Firewalls, Fortinet was also named a 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Network Firewalls for the second year in a row. Fortinet believes that this customer validation further emphasizes Fortinet’s ability to deliver advanced security to customers across any edge, at scale.
Fortinet was also recognized as a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for WAN Edge Infrastructure, placing highest in the Leaders quadrant for its ability to execute for Fortinet Secure SD-WAN, which is delivered on the same product – the FortiGate Next-generation Firewall.
- Download the full report and read the blog to learn more.
- Watch how Fortinet makes possible a digital world you can always trust, and view how the Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protection across an organization’s entire digital infrastructure.
- Read more about how Fortinet customers are securing their organizations.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), or about the Fortinet Network Security Expert program, Security Academy program, and Veterans program.
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs threat intelligence and research or Outbreak Alerts, which provide timely steps to mitigate breaking cybersecurity attacks. Read more about Fortinet’s FortiGuard security services portfolio.
- Engage in the Fortinet User Community (Fuse). Share ideas and feedback, learn more about our products and technology, and connect with peers.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. Subscribe to Fortinet on YouTube.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice constitute the subjective opinions of individual end-user reviews, ratings, and data applied against a documented methodology; they neither represent the views of, nor constitute an endorsement by, Gartner or its affiliates.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Network Firewalls, By Rajpreet Kaur, Jeremy D’Hoinne, Nat Smith, Adam Hils, 1 November 2021
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) makes possible a digital world that we can always trust through its mission to protect people, devices, and data everywhere. This is why the world’s largest enterprises, service providers, and government organizations choose Fortinet to securely accelerate their digital journey. The Fortinet Security Fabric platform delivers broad, integrated, and automated protections across the entire digital attack surface, securing critical devices, data, applications, and connections from the data center to the cloud to the home office. Ranking #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide, more than 530,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. And the Fortinet NSE Training Institute, an initiative of Fortinet’s Training Advancement Agenda (TAA), provides one of the largest and broadest training programs in the industry to make cyber training and new career opportunities available to everyone. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2021 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet’s trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, the Fortinet logo, FortiGate, FortiOS, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, FortiASIC, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiCore, FortiMail, FortiSandbox, FortiADC, FortiAI, FortiAP, FortiAppEngine, FortiAppMonitor, FortiAuthenticator, FortiBalancer, FortiBIOS, FortiBridge, FortiCache, FortiCall, FortiCam, FortiCamera, FortiCarrier, FortiCASB, FortiCenter, FortiCentral, FortiConnect, FortiController, FortiConverter, FortiCWP, FortiDB, FortiDDoS, FortiDeceptor, FortiDirector, FortiDNS, FortiEDR, FortiExplorer, FortiExtender, FortiFirewall, FortiFone, FortiGSLB, FortiHypervisor, FortiInsight, FortiIsolator, FortiLocator, FortiLog, FortiMeter, FortiMoM, FortiMonitor, FortiNAC, FortiPartner, FortiPenTest, FortiPhish, FortiPortal, FortiPresence , FortiProtect, FortiProxy, FortiRecorder, FortiReporter, FortiSASE, FortiScan, FortiSDNConnector, FortiSIEM, FortiSDWAN, FortiSMS, FortiSOAR, FortiSwitch, FortiTester, FortiToken, FortiTrust, FortiVoice, FortiVoIP, FortiWAN, FortiWeb, FortiWiFi, FortiWLC, FortiWLCOS and FortiWLM.
Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
|Media Contact:||Investor Contact:||Analyst Contact:|
|Michelle Zimmermann||Peter Salkowski||Ron Davis|
|Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.||Fortinet, Inc.|
The content is by GlobeNewswire. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.