Business Wire India
Global market research company Euromonitor International released the highly anticipated “Top 10 Global Consumer Trends 2022” report today.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220117005007/en/
Euromonitor International’s annual report identifies the 10 most prevalent trends that will define consumer behavior in the year ahead, offering strategic business recommendations to meet new demands. (Graphic: Euromonitor International)
Euromonitor’s annual report defines the trends motivating consumer behavior and challenging business strategies in the year ahead.
- Backup Planners: Consumers find creative solutions to purchase their go-to products or search for next best options as supply chain disruptions cause massive shortages.
- Climate Changers: Eco-anxiety and the climate emergency drive environmental activism for a net-zero economy. In 2021, 35% of global consumers actively reduced their carbon emissions.
- Digital Seniors: Older consumers become savvier tech users. Virtual solutions must be tailored to the needs of this expanded online audience.
- Financial Aficionados: Democratized money management empowers consumers to strengthen financial literacy and security. More than half of global consumers believe they will be better off financially in the next five years.
- The Great Life Refresh: Consumers focus on personal growth and wellbeing, making drastic life changes that reflect their values, passions and purpose.
- The Metaverse Movement: Immersive, 3D digital ecosystems begin to transform social connections. Global sales of AR/VR headsets grew 56% from 2017 to 2021, reaching $2.6 billion last year.
- Pursuit of Preloved: Secondhand shopping and peer-to-peer marketplaces flourish as consumers seek unique, affordable and sustainable items.
- Rural Urbanites: Consumers relocate to safer, cleaner and greener neighborhoods.
- Self-Love Seekers: Authenticity, acceptance and inclusion are at the forefront of lifestyle choices and spending habits as consumers embrace their truest selves.
- The Socialization Paradox: Fluctuating comfort levels create a conflicting return to pre-pandemic life. In 2021, 76% of global consumers took health and safety precautions when leaving home.
“Businesses need to transform alongside rapidly evolving consumer preferences,” says Alison Angus, head of lifestyles at Euromonitor International. “Reverting to a pre-pandemic playbook will not likely generate the same results moving forward.”
Download Euromonitor’s “Top 10 Global Consumer Trends 2022” report to uncover the incentives that will impact customer loyalty and purchase decisions this year. The report is available in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin and Japanese.
About Euromonitor International
Euromonitor International is the world’s leading provider for global business intelligence, market analysis and consumer insights. From local to global and tactical to strategic, our research solutions support decisions on how, where and when to grow your business. Find the right report, database or custom solution to validate priorities, redirect assumptions and uncover new opportunities. With offices around the world, analysts in over 100 countries, the latest data science techniques and market research on every key trend and driver, we help you make sense of global markets.
The content is by Business Wire India. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.