– Could the COVID-19 outbreak be the cause of hair loss?
MUMBAI, India, Jan. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — According to the International Journal of Dermatology and the US National Library of Medicine (NCBI), hair loss has been found to be a late onset symptom of COVID-19 with almost 25% of patients reporting the issue. (Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7665672/).
The pandemic didn’t just affect the near and dear ones of those inflected by the virus, according to the New York Times, the pandemic also gave rise to incidents of stress-induced hair loss due to the uncertainty and stress of the times. (Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/health/coronavirus-hair-loss-telogen-alopecia.html )
With the expertise of over 400 trained trichologists and homeopaths, Dr Batra’s – the leading chain of homeopathic clinics across the world, shed light on the reasons behind hair loss during the pandemic.
During the Pandemic, a spike in 3 different types of hair loss were noticed, namely:
- Telogen effluvium: Is acute hair loss that is experienced when the body goes through physical trauma such as illness, pregnancy or even a crash diet. According to a study on patients in the US, 33% of COVID-19 survivors experienced Telogen effluvium hair loss. A COVID-19 survivor, experiences this type of acute hair loss due to the body’s weakness from the illness.
- Signs: If one is losing much more hair than usual (normal hair loss is 80-100 strands a day) or see visible clumps of hair on the pillow, brush or bathroom drain, then they can have Telogen Effluvium.
- Alopecia Areata: Is an autoimmune disease that is known to be triggered in response to a mental stress.
- Signs: One will probably notice a bald spot or patch of hair loss in one or multiple areas of the head. These bald spots can appear very quickly and can rapidly multiply. A large increase in cases of Alopecia Areata were seen in patients due to financial and job security stress that emanated from the pandemic.
- Trichotillomania: A type of hair loss that is caused when the patient pulls their own hair out, usually in response to emotional stress. This condition is 6 times more prevalent in women and is seen in teenagers between the ages of 14-17.
- Signs: As people with this illness tend to pull their hair out from the roots, it can lead to bald patches on their heads, eyebrows and other parts of the body. Since the hair is pulled out, broken hair of different lengths can be a tell tale sign of this type of hair loss. The incidence of trichotillomania during the pandemic increased hugely in teenagers due to emotional stressors such as having to socially distance from their friends and due to anxiety of the future.
Commenting on the surge in hair loss cases during the Pandemic, Dr. Akshay Batra, Vice-Chairman and Managing Director, Dr Batra’s Group of Companies and the 1st Indian President of The Trichological Society, London; said, “The mental, physical and emotional rollercoaster of the Pandemic has definitely brought about a spike in hair loss during the Pandemic. Part of it is due to the effects of the virus itself while the otherpart due to its emotional fallout. However the good news is, that hairloss due to COVID-19 is not permanent and with the right combination of Homeopathy and US FDA approved Hair Vitalising treatment, hair can regrow back fully. Our hair doctors through a simple video microscopy test will get to the root of your hair issues and will start a plan of treatment to restore your hair naturally.”
Dr Batra’s clinics offer tailor-made instant to long lasting solutions for hair loss that are based on the extent of the hair loss, grade of baldness, and condition of the hair and scalp. Qualified doctors and the winning mix of trichology, homeopathy and aesthetic solutions has led to over 7 lakh happy hair patients with 96.6% success rate as accredited by American Quality Assessors.
Our hair treatment portfolio caters to all needs. The aesthetic treatment groHair is a non-surgical hair therapy that enhances hair fall control, improves hair volume and stimulates hair growth. While STMcell treatment is based on a French technology that increases hair volume and density. Dr Batra’s Hair Vitalizing Treatment (HVT) stimulates hair regrowth and reduces hair breakage. Dr Batra’s NutriGood hair supplement is fortified with vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin B complex and zinc. This hair nutrition supplement reduces hair loss, stimulate hair growth and enhance your hair quality. Dr Batra’s Geno Homeopathy treatment for hair loss is a gene targeted homeopathic therapy. It provides 99.9% accurate test results and can possibly also prevent heredity hair loss (androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness).
Get 10 sessions of U.S. FDA approved Hair Vitalizing Treatment free on registration of Dr Batra’s hair fall treatment. To book your appointment today, visit http://www.drbatras.com or call on 9167791677.
About Dr Batra’s Homeopathy Clinics
With over 225 clinics in India, UK, UAE, Bahrain and Bangladesh, Dr Batra’s Homeopathy Clinics has over 400 doctors including skin specialist, hair specialist and experienced homeopathic doctors. Dr Batra’s has treated over 1 million patients and been recognised as an ‘Icon of Indigenous Excellence in Healthcare’ by The Economic Times. Dr Batra’s specializes in Hair, Skin, Allergies, Child and Women’s Health, Mental Health, Sexual Health and Weight Management ailments including Hair loss, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Acne, Low immunity, Tonsillitis, Stress Management, Migraine, Thyroid, PCOS, Menopause, Allergies, Sexual Health and Weight Management, Infertility and Male Infertility.
For more information,
Follow us on:
The content is by PR NewsWire. DKODING Media is not responsible for the content provided or any links related to this content. DKODING Media is not responsible for the correctness, topicality or the quality of the content.