30 December, 2018
Narendra Modi is the REAL ‘दामदार’ in the Agusta Westland Case !
PM Modi is ‘Protector’, ‘Benefactor’ & ‘Promoter’ of Agusta Westland !
ED has become an ‘Embarrassing Disaster’
PM Shri Narendra Modi and his Government are unequivocally guilty of shielding, protecting and promoting Agusta Westland and its parent company Finmecanica. Their nefarious design is simple-‘Operation Cover-up to Save Modi’!
• Truth is that – PM Modi and his Govt mysteriously withdrew the ‘Blacklisting’ of Agusta Westland.
• Truth is that – PM Modi and his Govt sanctioned investment by ‘Blacklisted’ Agusta Westland was through Foreign Investment Promotion Board. (FIPB)
• Truth is that – PM Modi and his Govt included ‘Blacklisted’ Agusta Westland as part of ‘Make In India’ and even permitted it to bid for purchase of 100 Helicopters for the Indian Navy.
• Truth is that – PM Modi and his Govt lost all the cases against Agusta Westland in International courts and didn’t even file appeals.
Now Modi Government is hiding this conspiratorial nexus by unleashing a smear campaign laced with pure falsehood. This is – ‘उल्टा चोर, कोतवाल को डांटे’- Pot Calling the Kettle Black!
1. Decisive action by Congress-UPA Govt:-
(i) February, 2010 – Pursuant to a global tender, a contract for purchase of 12 helicopters was allotted to Agusta Westland (parent company being Finmecanica) for Rs.3,546 crore.
(ii) 12 February 2013 – Pursuant to media reports, the then Congress- UPA government ordered an enquiry, lodged an FIR and handed over the case to CBI.
(iii) 27 February 2013 – Congress- UPA government proposed to set up a JPC on Agusta Westland but BJP refused to participate or cooperate in the matter.
(v) 1 January 2014 – Congress-UPA government cancelled the contract to purchase 12 helicopters from Agusta Westland. Till then, a payment of Rs 1620 Crore had been made to Agusta and 3 helicopters had been delivered to India.
On cancelling the contract, UPA-Congress Govt encashed the bank guarantees worth Rs 240 Cr of Agusta Westland deposited with Indian Banks.
(vi) UPA-Congress Govt had also filed a case against Agusta Westland in Milan, Italy. On 23.5.2014, UPA- Congress Govt won the case for encashment of International guarantees of Agusta Westland to recover Euro 2,28,00,00,00 (Two-Twenty Eight Million) [ Copy Attached as Annexure A-1]
(vii) In this fashion, Congress-UPA Govt recovered a total of Rs 2,068 crore from Agusta Westland against the payment of Rs.1,620 crore.
In addition, UPA-Congress Govt confiscated 3 Agusta Westland helicopters which remain in our possession. Contracted value of these helicopters comes to 295.50 X 3 = Rs 886.50 Crore.
Thus, Congress-UPA recovered a total of Rs 2954 Crore (2068 +886.50) from Agusta Westland against a payment of Rs 1620 Crore.
(viii) Congress-UPA Govt also initiated the process of the Blacklisting of Agusta Westland – Finmecanica on 15 February, 2013 by issuing notices and starting the proceedings. As a result thereof, it led to banning/black listing of Agusta Westland (Serial No 44 may be noted) wide order dated 03.07.2014 [A copy is attached as Annexure A-2]
2. Complicity & Connivance of BJP/Modi government with Agusta Westland:-
(i) In July 2014- Modi Govt took an opinion from its Attorney General to undo the banning of Agusta Westland and its parent company Finmecanica. Based thereon, Modi Govt & Defence Ministry issued an order dated 22.07.2014 withdrawing the Blacklisting of Agusta/ Finmecanica (Annexure A-3)
(ii) On 3 March, 2015 – Modi Govt invited Agusta Westland/Finmecanica to the Aero India-2015 making it a part of ‘Make In India. (Annexure A-4)
(iii) On 8 October 2015 – Modi Govt gave permission to Agusta Westland through Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) for a joint venture – to produce military helicopter- AW119 (Annexure A-5)
(iv) In 2017, Modi Govt also allowed Agusta Westland to bid for 100 Naval Utility Helicopters (NUHs).
3. Modi Govt loses all litigations against Agusta Westland & Finmecanica-
(i) On 8th January 2018, an Italian Appeals Court acquitted Mr Giuseppe Orsi, Former Chief Executive and Mr Bruno Spagnolini, Former Head of Helicopter Unit from any wrongdoing in the sale of 12 helicopters to India. Modi Govt was a civil party for damages.
(ii) On 17th September 2018, a Higher court in Milan, Italy affirmed the order in a 322 page detailed judgement and upheld the finding of ‘no graft or wrong doing’ by any Indian official. Modi Govt was a party in the case and lost. Modi Govt has chosen to not file an appeal in the matter.
4. False Script of ‘Christian Michel’ was crafted by Modi Govt/ED in July 2018 in Dubai-
Modi Govt is making a lame-duck effort to save its skin by ‘Mudslinging’, ‘Muckracking’&’Hatchet Jobs’.
PM Modi and his Govt are hiding behind the cloak of Christian Michel to obfuscate their sheer connivance and complicity in protecting Agusta Westland. The script of this conspiracy was hatched in Dubai by Modi Govt & ED in July 2018 itself. Noneless than the lawyer for Christian Michel, Miss Rosemary Patrizi Anjos and his sister Sasha Ozeman had publically stated and given televised interviews disclosing the pressure being put by Modi Govt & ED on Christian Michel to give a false & fabricated statement naming the Congress leadership in liu of a free pass and exoneration from any kind of prosecution. ED is now implementing the same conspiracy (Annexure A-6)
India demands Answers from ‘दामदार-चौकीदार’
1. Why did Modiji mysteriously withdraw the Blacklisting of Agusta/Finmecannica?
2. Why did Modiji include a Blacklisted Company – Agusta/Finmecannica in ‘Make In India’?
3. Why did Modiji permit investment through FIPB of a Blacklisted Company – Agusta/Finmecannica, permitting it to manufacture AW-119 military helicopters?
4. Why did Modiji permit a Blacklisted Company – Agusta/Finmecannica to bid for purchase of 100 Navy Utility Helicopters?
5. How did Modi Govt lose all the international cases against Agusta/Finmecannica and why did it chose not to file appeal?
6. Why is Modiji using conspiratorial script of Christian Michel to hoodwink the people from protection of Agusta Westland by his own Govt?
Modi Govt is on its way out. A panic-stricken Modi Govt and its puppet ED will not be able to change the ‘exit date & fate’ of a Govt and PM already rejected by the people. Post formation of a Govt, the Congress is committed to order an investigation to examine the role of PM Modi & his Govt into the sordid saga of Agusta Westland.