Two merged black holes could form wormholes, taking you to another point in space-time.
Wormholes may act like gateways throughout the Universe. String theory may be the key but is it far ahead enough to lead you on a space trip?
- The answer to the question of how wormholes can be made possible has more than one answers. Einstein’s theory takes into account the possibility of a black hole being the time portals. Physicist Dr Michio Kaku breaks it down for you below.
Albert Einstein also predicted that black holes have infinite gravity which, as it turns out, is false. Wormholes are the way to travel throughout the universe but are they real?
- In a paper by the title, ‘Traversable wormholes in four dimensions’, Physicists Juan Maldacena, Alexey Milekhin and Fedor Popov said that they have constructed a usable wormhole solution in the four dimensions. This may be achieved by placing large magnetic charge close to extremal black holes.
- Rotating black holes are important to create such a situation in order to keep them apart until electromagnetic charges consequently take away their energy. This leads to an eventual merger of the two black holes in the given situation.
- This resulting entangled state of two black holes, according to the paper by Princeton physicists state, is a traversable wormhole in the four dimensions with no exotic matter.
Wormholes have been predicted by various physicists but humans are yet to observe one.
- Physicist, Dr Michio Kaku at the City College of New York also argues that his contemporaries believe that the Black Holes act like gateways throughout the universe.
- Michio Kaku during an episode of Exploration Podcast said, “The question is what is on the other end of that universe.” Referring to black holes such as Sag A.
- This is the realm of science fiction according to the famed Dr Kaku because Einstein’s equations prove futile at the centre of the black holes. It always predicts that Black holes have infinite gravity but that, as it turns out, is untrue.
- Time is a river, Einstein had said during his lifetime. That rover, Dr Michio Kaku believes could have whirlpools in it. Physicist Michio Kaku calls these closed-time-loops. Such a closed-time-loop, according to him, would consequently allow you to leave the office and be back before you even left.
- He said at the end of the Exploration Podcast that on the surface, the theory may seem to be nonsensical but would be a logical answer to Einstein’s equations if proved real.
- We hope this theory is right. Who would not like to leave the office and not face the music for missing out because you never did..?