There are numerous people who believe that running is the best way to stay fit and lean. The common myth has got so many believers, people start worshipping people who run as gods.
Running is the laziest and slowest way to better metabolism or a fit life.
- The chances of getting an injury while running are higher than any other physical activity. 79% of runners report an injury at least once a year.
- Running is the most inefficient way of building strength. In a best-case scenario, the chances that your running to stay healthy is as good as the chance of not getting an injury.
Compound Strength Exercises
- The exercises that really get your muscles pumping and the blood flowing in addition to the cardiovascular exercise is the best way for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Challenging muscles with resistance rather than giving them the same old run of the mill running is not enough to get your body in perfect shape.
- Targetting belly fat too requires a mix of cardio and muscle training.
- Your body works and reacts to the pressure you put it under for stimulating it. The best way to go about making a fitter body is to continuously challenge yourself and pushing the limits.
- If you take a high-intensity workout and add sprinting to the mix, you are bound to burn more calories as well. That is because your body goes into overdrive in this case.
- Anaerobic respiration begins during the workout itself. When you continue working your heart, your heart and body use up the available materials – fat – to compensate for the energy needed.
- Your body is a temple and you make the best of it. Running all on its own is not the best way to go about getting fit.
- Running is the best way to getting fit? Think again.