Voice is not seen as a form of data yet. Is it not though?
In today’s world of Alexa and Google home, your voice is not just data, it is invaluable.
- Our voice is data in today’s world. It holds the capability of telling more about us to those monitoring.
- Alexa has erroneously recorded conversations. Voice is something we use more often than the rest of the data that companies can monitor.
- Voice technology is booming and it is predicted to reach a market value of $15.5 billion in 10 years.
- Voicesense is a company which uses real-time voice as data. This data is used to predict what kind of decision a person is likely to make.
- Key to voice is how they say what they are saying: the tones, the speed, the emphasis and the pauses.
- The trick to using voice as data is the algorithm calculating subtle speaking signs.
- SimSensei is a project built with algorithms to detect depression using these subtle voice signals. This is a counterintuitive result which can prove helpful in the coming years.
- This does not take away from companies being capable to take away data through devices.