Politicians are nothing but animals who fight for power at any cost. However, in these cases, animals were literally the one in power.
Ever thought the leader of your region acts like a monkey or is a dog? These people in fact elected a monkey, a dog and even a beer-drinking goat(respect) as their leader.
Boston Curtis – the brown mule who symbolized Republicans
- Boston Curtis was made the Republican precinct committeeman in order to make the Republicans look foolish, courtesy of the Democrat Milton Mayor Kenneth Simmons.
- It symbolized that the voters had no idea who they were supporting. Was that you Chandler as the Mayor’s brain behind this?
Clay Henry – the ‘goat’ mayor with a never-ending thirst for beer
- The unincorporated community of Lajitas chose a goat as the mayor to show how the post is just symbolic.
- Mayor Clay Henry was a big fond of beer and during his tenure used to chug around 35 bottles a day, and remained as the tourist attraction during his lifetime.
- After him, his son Clay Henry Jr. has taken over his position.
Saucisse – The underdog with an inspiring success story
- Saucisse was once a garbage-dwelling stray dog before being rescued by a French writer named Serge Scotto.
- Serge used Saucisse in many of his novels and the dog became a well-known celebrity in France. And the next step he took was to run for the mayor.
- He scored the 6th position in the elections and Sucisse went on to star in the French version of Big Brother.
Pigasus – Where’s the hog who could have been the US President?
- The Yippies backed Pigasus stepped into the election in 1968 for the Presidency of the United States.
- He failed to win the election because he was arrested during the candidacy speech and was never seen or heard. Sounds like a conspiracy, right?
Stubbs – The Mayor who even survived a vicious attack
- The incumbent Mayor of Talkeetna, Alaska is basically a cat named Stubbs, who has his office inside a local general store.
- In 2013, the Mayor was attacked by a dog and received donations from worldwide, a true leader with a heavy following.