‘What if’ is the latest upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4 series, joining the Disney plus lineup. The series is going to explore the comic book series by Marvel by the same name, “What if..?”
Beginning from the very first Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, let’s explore all the possible things could have gone differently in Marvel’s Iron man. Tony Stark has been the leader of the Avengers, switching roles with Steve Rogers time and again. But this man is the only reason the universe from the movies even stood a chance at survival against the big baddie, Thanos.
What if this man diverged from his goal and destiny altogether and fell into the maniac drive for ruling over the world?
Iron Man joins the dark side
- Tony Stark is a man of action, always has been. The time he was kidnapped by the terror group, Ten Rings, he made his way out. But, What if he were to choose the path that led to the maximum amount of power over the world.
- In this theory, Ho Yinsen helps Iron man create the easily recognised first version of his Iron Armour, The Mark – I.
As it turns out to be in this case, Ho Yinsen is an evil scientist. He influences Tony Stark, explaining to him that there is no way to save the planet from ultimate destruction; Tony must be on the winning side. What if the mad scientist understood that the key to taking over the world is to get Iron Man to be on his side. This leads to the creation of another version of the Mark-I. This one is painted in black and gold and Iron Man demands to meet the leader of the terror foundation.
This is a theory from an alternate timeline. Iron Man joining the Ten Rings terror group leads to radical shifts in the series of events of MCU phase 3.
An Alternate Marvel Timeline
- Iron Man turns to the dark side as Tony Stark uses his power to manipulate world leaders by hook or by crook. The resources backing him prove to suffice in the battle against the Agents of Shield.
- These people are bound to find out about Iron Man’s infamous dealings with the Ten Rings Terror group. Agent Coulson from Agents of Shield leads the charge to put Tony Stark in chains but the plan goes horribly. A blast from Iron Man’s suit of armour kills Coulson instead of Loki.
- Consequently, many of the people involved in the terror group gain access to Iron Man’s weapons and armours. This leads to chaos and spreading entropy throughout the Marvel Universe. More leverage to the villains of Marvel and a powerful ally to them.
- If nobody was there to say the iconic I am Iron Man line against Thanos, the universe was doomed anyway. With Iron man on the wrong side of the spectrum, there’s no saying what will go down.
What If Hulk…?