The US is working on a highly confidential AI spy satellite system, which is like an all-seeing brain in the sky. Sounds like the Ultron, right?
NRO’s top-secret AI brain is an omnivorous analysis tool, which makes it capable of analyzing every data it can encounter.
- Sentient is an initiative that will help enable near-instantaneous understanding and strategy development.
- The National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) calls it an omnivorous analysis tool, capable of devouring data of all sorts, making sense of the past and present, anticipating the future.
- This AI brain will then point satellites towards what it determines will be the most interesting parts of that future.
- It has been under development since at least October 2010, when the agency posted a request for Sentient Enterprise white papers.
- After that, it was only mentioned in some speeches and presentations and was considered a top-secret.
- There are no specifics about what kind of information this system will feed on, but security experts answer this question with “everything”.
- Being a security system, this artificial brain is speculated to optimize the functioning of satellites.
- Moreover, this system would not only locate the enemy warheads but also take care of their own arsenal.