The wearable device system, AlterEgo can detect what you say when you talk to yourself.
This sci-fi invention involves a system of sensors that can detect minuscule neuromuscular signals in your brain.
- Whenever you speak silently, a part of your brain becomes active and gives you the feeling that you hear a voice.
- This device reads those neuromuscular signals and feeds them into an A.I. which translates them into the words you are thinking. It is exactly like mind reading but scientific.
- AlterEgo has won the “Use it!” Lemelson-MIT Student Prize. It is awarded to tech-based inventions involving consumer devices and comes with a $15,000 cash prize.
- The device is currently being tested on people with communication gaps through various hospitals in Boston.
- These could be caused by a stroke, by ALS (as was the case of Stephen Hawking) or anything else that creates a barrier in communication.
- The system is about 92% accurate according to Arnav Kapur’s research.
- This device has numerous applications beyond simply helping out people with communication barriers.