The triple-double performed by Simone Biles at 2019 US Gymnastics Championships is the most fabulous thing you will ever see.
What does this mesmerising gymnastic feat; Triple-Double actually mean?
- She twice rotates on an axis going through her hips while at the same time rotating, HEAD TO TOE, thrice!
- This is not actually defying physics. In fact, it is perhaps the best possible use of physics a human body can physically attain.
- She did three things at the same time- Jumping, Flipping and Twisting.
- Retaining her position as the world’s number one gymnast, she became the first woman to successfully attempt and land a triple-double off a high beam.
- Audiences and online viewers alike are left awestruck upon seeing this seemingly impossible feat of the human body.
- The triple-double is the most difficult gymnastic skill. If Simone performs this at World-Championship, it will be another skill named after her.
- The fantastic gymnast has got at least two others named after her – Biles one the floor and the Biles on vault.