Tesla-inspired 100 percent electric boat X Shore Eelex 8000. Konrad Bergstrom, the Swedish tech millionaire behind the new electric boat startup X Shore, says that he was inspired by Tesla to create its lineup of electric boats.
Konrad Bergstrom, the Swedish tech millionaire behind the new electric boat startup X Shore, says that he was inspired by Tesla to create its lineup of electric boats.
- The Swedish company recently unveiled its latest version of 100 percent electric car the X Shore Eelex 8000.
- When Bergstrom says that he was inspired by Tesla, he means that he followed a few principals that served Tesla well
- An electric boat that is better than fossil fuel-powered boats focusing on long-range and high-performance.
- We can replace the word ‘boat’ by ‘car’ here and it would indeed be very similar to Tesla’s early approach.
- X Shore found that electric boats have more difficult energy problem than electric cars due to the density of water against density of air.
- Bergstrom told Motorboat magazine: “Water is 784 times denser than air and takes a lot more energy than rolling a car along a flat road.
- “It’s like a car driving up a 45 degree hill all the time,” points out
- They had to develop more efficient drive-train and pack enough batteries to make sure it would have a decent range.
By: Abhinav Ranjan, Editorial Desk, DKODING Media