San Francisco recently became the first US city to ban sales of e-cigarettes, citing the fact that the long-term health effects of vaping are still unknown and that there seems to be an upswing in young vapers.
The most effective way to quit smoking is to use nicotine replacement therapy, and electronic cigarettes.
- Over the last year, there has been a huge increase in the use of this product which delivers very high amounts of nicotine. It looks like a USB stick and is charged like a USB stick.
- Smoking prevalence rates have been falling in children in America just as they have in the UK, but the 2018 figures had a slight uptake with a big increase in vaping.
- USA does have a problem in that it has never endorsed the use of electronic cigarettes as a way of quitting smoking.
- The major problem is advertising nicotine products to children and selling it to them and not the fact that these products are harmful to society as a whole.
- People have mentioned that the flavours of e-cigarettes are like mango or cherry to make them more appealing to children.
- In the UK, The NHS has recommended switching to e-cigarettes if one wants to stop or cut down on smoking tobacco.
- If you look at the general physiological profile of effects of nicotine on the body, it’s on a par with caffeine. This means 80 per cent of the British population is probably addicted to caffeine.