We know how they walk in space; we know how they eat in space; we even know how they litter in space. Now you can know how they sleep in space.
A good night sleep is what a human need after a day full of work, so thus the astronauts floating around the space stations.
- There is a sleeping bag inside these sleep stations along with a laptop strapped to the wall.
- The space travellers can also put some personal stuff there, like family pictures or memorabilia from a favourite sports team.
- But in case you were thinking about a super comfy space pillow, this may disappoint you as they don’t have any pillows since their head holds itself up.
- Definitely, the beds on earth are far more spacious than those at space stations, but the worst part is they can drift during their sleep if they don’t strap their bags.
- Not to mention the fact that their arms still float in front of them giving an expression of a space zombie movie.
- Now this floating was the least of their concern since the lights never go off, the machines always make noise. Once you get used to it though, nothing compares to sleeping in space.
- Astronauts are required to maintain their sleep logs so scientists can learn how space flight affects human sleep.