Those trails of cloud behind airplanes are contrails or chemtrails and its effects on climate have been a matter of concern for years now, things are going to get worse because of the ever-expanding aviation industry.
Looking at the blue sky watching an airplane leaving behind a trail of white cloud has always intrigued us, those chemtrails are actually a serious threat on the climate of our planet.
- A recent study has claimed that the global warming effect because of the chemtrails will triple by 2050 because of an increase in air travel and flight altitude.
- This is a serious threat given the aviation industry currently contributes more than all the land vehicles combined to global warming.
- Chemtrails trap the heat coming from the surface of the earth which increases the earth’s temperature.
- Although the scientific community is divided with the claims made by the researchers, some had criticized the research stating they may have overstated the threat.
- However, the trails have both the cooling and warming effect, since they not only trap the heat coming from the earth’s surface but also reflects the sunlight back to space.
- Another factor which affects the impact of these trails is the duration they last, some last for a few minutes while some may last for over 10 minutes.
- On the brighter side, scientists have been researching sustainable alternatives such as biofuel which will reduce the effects of aviation up to 70%.
- Until then the aviation industry is trying some temporary solutions such as introducing some charges for night flights where the effect of the chemtrails is worst.
- Another solution is to reroute the plane to avoid regions where contrails are most likely to form.