Shooting stars are not commonly seen. The best meteor shower of the year is going to illuminate your night sky.
With up-to 100 meteors visible per hour during the peak night, Perseid is a fantastic showcase of astronomy.
- The moon is likely to play a role in the number of shooting meteors visible through the night sky.
- Most of the meteors showers that occur during Perseid are bright and colourful.
- The near-full moon will shine bright all night long. Full moon phenomenon will affect the visibility of the fantastic event known as Perseid.
- Cloudy conditions and light pollution in your city is likely to be an issue to view this astronomy spectacle.
- The places where clear skies are visible will get the best viewership of Perseid.
- If clouds ruin the night show for you, you can also view it online on NASA TV.
- The next meteor shower for you to enjoy falls on October 8. The same will be followed by Orionid meteor shower on October 21.