Old BJP ally and Andhra CM Naidu is now finding new friends | Travelled to Delhi and UP to firm up alliances.
On an ambitious road trip North, TDP Chief Chandrababu Naidu met Sonia Ghandhi, Rahul Gandhi, Sharad Pawar, and Sharad Yadav in New Delhi before heading to Lucknow to meet Akhilesh Yadav and Mayawati.
Naidu is known for being part of Governments; shifting from one alliance to other. His well-publicized travels North to firm up relations with Congress, AAP, NCP, SP, BSP and LJD hint at Naidu’s aspirations to play a bigger role if opposition is to form the government in 2019.
- Naidu on Friday arrived at national capital to met with NCP chief Sharad Pawar for a second time today.
- TDP leader also met UPA chairperson Sonia Ghandi and Rahul Ghandhi
- On visit to Lucknow, Naidu met Akhilesh and Mayawati and gifted both of them a box of mangoes each.
- Naidu’s Telengana fierce rival K Chandrasekhara Rao of the TRS has also held several meeting to evolve a “non-BJP, non-Congress” federal front.
- Naidu also had discussions with other opposition leaders TMC’s Mamata Banerjee, AAP’s Arvind Kejriwal and CPI(M)’s Sitaram Yechury.
Naidu efforts to form a united opposition to bond with non-NDA parties is possibly an effort to claim a more influential position to form the next government if NDA fails to get the majority mark.
A Naidu-led Grand Alliance in the making?
Polling of Lok Sabha Election 2019 has ended. The TDP Chief is now strategizing with opposition leaders.
Naidu is also keeping all roads open from BJP allies to be part of his envisioned grand alliance. He said that not just the TRS, but any outfit was welcome to join a grand alliance after the election results were declared on May 23.