Anti-farmer and Uncivil | PM’s jibe at the Odisha Government
BJD’s exit and BJP’s entry in Odisha is guaranteed this time – Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- PM Narendra Modi condemned Naveen Patnaik-led Biju Janata Dal (BJP) over attacks on BJP workers in Odisha
- Modi opined that the fear of defeat has made Chief Minister Patnaik and his party indulge in uncivil activities
- Accusing the BJD for orchestrating attacks, Modi urged Odisha voters to come out to vote unafraid of anyone.
- Modi also accused BJD of being anti-farmer, alleging the government had refused to help its farmers benefit from the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi program.
- Highlighting Odisha’s ocean body, PM promised to work on making the coastal regions a hub for development in the country
Prime Minister Modi said at a public rally:
“BJD is frustrated and that is why it is indulging in attacks on BJP workers in the state. I urge the voters and our party workers to work fearlessly,”
Modi also laid out his vision for Odisha saying the land had immense opportunity for industries and trade – which will be a key BJP priority when it comes back to power.
He also accused Naveen Patnaik and BJD of being anti-farmer, alleging the state refused to give a list of farmers eligible to benefit in the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi program. PM Modi said lakhs of farmers would have benefited if the BJD was not in power government in the state.