Only the worthy can wield the hammer of Thor. Mjolnir is the ultimate weapon and there are only a few who can possess the power of Thor.
The Marvel Universe has changed unimaginably since the first time Thor made his first appearance. These are the most intriguing characters; perhaps the worthiest to ever yield Mjolnir:
- Thor is Odinson, it comes as no surprise that the All-father has wielded Thor’s power with ease.
- Odin has picked up the hammer at many times. The most iconic of these though was the time when Beta Ray Bill took away Thor’s hammer.
- This gave Bill, an alien trying to find a way to save his home planet, the powers of Thor in The Mighty Thor #337.
- Odin let the two Thors fight each other such that the winner would keep Mjolnir.
Captain America aka Steve Rogers:
- Remember the time Captain America got a hold of Mjolnir in Avengers: Endgame? Yeah, Steve Rogers has lifted the hammer many times in the comics.
- It was in Thor #390 when he first lifted the Mjolnir when it was separated from Thor for a short time; just like in Endgame.
- Captain America has proved time and again that he is worthy of wielding the power of Thor.
The Time when Wonder Woman Lifted the Hammer:
- We all know that Superman has lifted Thor’s hammer but it was long before JLA and Avengers came together when princess Diana got a chance to prove her worthiness.
- In the 1990s, Marvel and DC threw their characters at each other to have the readers decide who’d win, much like online discussions on Reddit and Tumblr today.
- Before Wonder Woman goes to battle against Storm, she finds Mjolnir just lying around and picked it up as though a piece of cake.
The time when Loki turned Thor into a Frog – Throg:
- In The Mighty Thor #394, Loki managed to turn Thor into a frog but soon turned back into his normal self.
- Puddlegulp, a human-turned amphibian who had a more permanent transformation. This frog went on to become Throg, the Frog of Thunder who went on to defend the dogs of Central Park, NYC