Addressing a poll rally here in north Maharashtra, Modi said he will ensure that the quota quantum is not disturbed.
Reservations won’t be scrapped till I am here. – PM Narendra Modi in Maharashtra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi accused the opposition of spreading false rumours that if he returns to power, reservations will be modified.
- Modi ensured his audience at a poll rally in Maharashtra that he will ensure that the quota quantum stays undisturbed.
- BSP President Mayawati accused PM Modi of misleading the nation on the issue of reservation for SC/ST/OBC classes.
- Mayawati asserted that Modi’s guarantee that reservation will not be abolished is a false promise.
- Assuring tribal dominated constituencies of north Maharashtra, PM Modi iterated that BJP government will ensure they are not evicted from their land.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi told his audience:
“Till Modi is here, nobody can touch the reservations, given to us by Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar,”
In response to PM Modi’s stance, Mayawati tweeted:
“PM Modi is misleading the nation that reservations for SC/ST/OBC will not be abolished because the present government has already made the system quite ineffective like it was earlier done in Congress rule.