Romans’ graffiti may look pervy to some people but they actually have some great meaning and maybe a mischievous mind behind it.
So here’s why the great Roman Empire used to paint a penis on everything
- Penis art may mean some teen humor now but it actually meant more to the Romans.
- For the era famous for the battle-hungry gladiators, it meant a symbol of good luck.
- Hard to believe but those hard genitals were used to ward off misfortune and around 57 such symbols have been found along Hadrian’s Wall.
- They even used flying penis symbols as an amulet to protect against sickness, try gifting these to your friends you care about on their next name day.
- Outside Rome, it meant more than just power and good luck, it was a sign of domination on battlefields.
- The sex was not just an act of pleasure for the Romans; it was a military weapon too.
- Rape was used by them in war, and Roman soldiers who allowed himself to be penetrated was sentenced to death. This defines why they used the penis as a symbol of domination.
- Now don’t go full gladiator with a penis on the shield, the cops will not be from the Roman era.