Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie Bezos who were married for 25 years, released a statement jointly on Twitter about their separation.
The Seattle-area judge approved their divorce last Friday making the way for MacKenzie to be the world’s 4th richest woman.
- MacKenzie received 4% stake of Amazon worth roughly $36 billion based on the e-commerce behemoth’s market value.
- There was speculation that the divorce could tremor the position of Jeff in regards to voting rights.
- The amicable divorce helped Jeff to retain his 12% stake worth $114.8 billion, thus remaining the world’s richest person.
- In May, MacKenzie joined the “Giving Pledge” campaign by Bill Gates and Berkshire Hathaway and promised to donate half of her fortune in charity.
- Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos also tweeted to support MacKenzie’s philanthropic endeavor.