NASA believes that the moon can soon be a pit-stop on the way to Mars. The Lunar docking station plans are going to heavily resourceful if executed in time for Mars mission.
How will a lunar docking station help us?: “How we move around on Mars, we can do that on the moon, very similar.”Marshall Smith, Director of NASA’s human lunar exploration
- While plans to put human beings on Martian surface turn into a reality, NASA has plans to create a Lunar Docking station.
- Scientists and astronauts alike want to understand better how living in deep space can be made possible.
- Marshall Smith, the director of NASA’s human lunar exploration explains that humans will learn how to explore the solar system in a better manner.
- The intent of making a permanent lunar orbiting station would be very resourceful.
- Astronauts going to Mars will take at least a 1-year round trip. Nasa’s lunar docking station will help in gaining a better understanding of deep space.
- The plans to start sending astronauts back to the moon should come to fruition by end of 2024. Using moons resources is a huge part of travelling into deep space.
- The commercial space industry is eager to take upon this mission and have already partnered with NASA to make this a reality.
- In other news, Elon Musk is almost ready with the Starship tests.