To fight the deforestation and save the environment, people in Kenya are using seed balls to plant trees through incredibly innovative ways.
Sprinkle earth balls – an amazing initiative Kenya has adopted to reforest their lost forest land and sets an example for the rest of the world.
- Kenya, a small country on the eastern bank of Africa, has come up with a remarkable solution to their deforestation problem.
- They have created ‘seed balls’ or ‘earth balls’, which are charcoal covered seeds.
- To reforest the land, they have recruited many personals who throw or launch these seeds in different parts of the country.
- These balls have been coated with charcoal dust to prevent animals from eating them and so that they can root wherever they fall.
- You can see people throwing these seed balls from helicopters, catapults, cars, hot-air balloons and while paragliding too.
- Children have been given the task to spread and sprinkle these seed balls, making these small environmentalists aware of the serious threat their country is facing.
- Kenya, a small country in Africa, has only 7% of forest area below the minimum recommended 10% by the UN.
- A huge number of people around the globe has appreciated this inspiring initiative by the Kenyan government, including notable celebrities like Leonardo Di Caprio.