Kanye West has once again shown his love towards the iconic grunge group, Nirvana, by singing the reinterpreted version of two of their most famous songs.
Kanye West never fails to surprise his fans, this time he has paid tribute to the grunge group he admires the most, Nirvana.
- Kanye West was seen honoring the most legendary grunge group of all time, Nirvana, in his Sunday Service performance.
- Sunday Service is a weekly based performance hosted by Kanye West which features gospel tunes and some other reinterpreted songs.
- He reinterpreted two of the biggest hits of the Nirvana, Come As You Are and Smells Like Teen Spirit, making them more religious.
- “Just confess, he’ll do the rest, Christ is here — hallelujah” is a sample of new lyrics of the Christian version of Come As You.
- The chorus of Smells Like Teen Spirit was religiously modified with “Let your light shine, it’s contagious, here we are now, inspiration.”
- Kanye West has publicly displayed admiration towards Nirvana quite a few times now, from wearing Nirvana shirts to sampling a solo Cobain track on Kids See Ghosts.