You may be aware of the 5-second-rule in regards to food. You can now use a similar principle to spot a toasty jerk at the office.
When you are talking to somebody at the office and throwing ideas at them, are they really interested? Spotting jerks at the office becomes easy once you uncover the secret sauce to spotting one. The revelation may occur during such conversations.
Jerks don’t care at the office:
- When you are talking to a jerk at the office, you are talking to somebody who cares about nothing and nobody. That is, except themselves.
- The person who wants nothing but to get ahead will do nothing to connect with you. The short talk that you may have with them time and again will not prove fruitful.
- Jerks may listen to you but they would never add to a conversation; they don’t want to connect for they do not care.
- They have a short span of attention and only want to further themselves. But they don’t stay behind to gain promotions out of the ideas that others throw at them.
- On the other hand, people who are nice will try to add to the conversation. Empathy and sincerity cannot be faked.
If you can fake sincerity, you can fake just about anything.
- Yes, people may have bad days. Maybe somebody missed breakfast, maybe they got into an argument with a loved one. You never know how a person would react at any given moment. But jerks at the office are jerks everywhere.
- This is pretty easy to recognise them – pause for a good five seconds. It is time enough for the other person involved in the conversation to interject and add something. You may feel you are going through eternity or it can be a short pause, this is the final answer to finding if someone at the office is worth your time and attention or not.
- Now you have learned how to apply the 5-second rule to food as well as jerks at the office. Cheers!