For all those whiskey enthusiasts out there, this is what our favorite gentlemen’s drink has to offer with varying taste.
A true whiskey lover can tell whether you’re drinking a wheat-based sauce or a rye-heavy spirit, not to mention the several other variations such as Irish, Tennessee, and Japenese.
- As you might know, whiskey or whisky is the overarching category that encompasses bourbon, rye, and scotch with several other variations of whiskey proper such as Irish, Tennessee, and Japanese.
- Now, what set apart these spirits are the ingredients, how they’re aged and some weirdly specific laws.
- You generally encounter corn, wheat, rye, and malt barley as the basic ingredients and you may have got the idea that they have to be high-starch grains.
- Now, the flavors are also affected by the distillation process and how long it has interacted with the wood in the barrel, the more they are aged the stronger is the flavor.
- If you want a whiskey with a bit of a kick, you should go for rye-heavy whiskeys and spiced blends.
- However, if you’re a fan of a sweet caramel and vanilla flavors, next time order a corn-based one.
- Wheat-based whiskeys also have sweet but pronounced honey-like notes to them.
- Lastly, if you want a smokey, campfire-like drink with a pinch of chocolate, coffee or sometimes even beer flavors, opt-out for malt barley.
- Drinking neat is not the only right way to drink it, go for some cocktails or ice and water in it, some drops of water also makes the flavor taste a bit better.
- This is all from our side, now you can go and show off your whiskey-gyaan at a bar and remember ‘enjoy responsibly’.