Students in India have the ambition to learn the ever-intriguing artificial intelligence technology and combine it with the automobile industry, we have a huge number of self-driving car engineering aspirants in our country.
Spent your childhood trying to build your own remote-control car? It’s time to learn how to make a self-driving automobile using the artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge of programming languages is a must-have for any software developers. When it comes to AI and machine learning, Python and C++ are considered the favourites for machine learning.
- A firm grip on mathematics, especially application matrices, linear algebra, and calculus, and physics would be an added advantage.
- After going through the prerequisite for learning A.I., one should go for expertise in robotics, computer vision, image and signal processing, and plenty of many other fields.
- You don’t have to be expert in all these fields, usually, there are huge teams with diverse skills building such systems.
- The major issue while working with self-driving cars are identifying the route, fusing and representing information from multiple sensors while working in different domains, cooperating with other vehicles, etc.
- The opportunities are endless in future, with a number of roles available in the industry like deep learning engineer, vehicle software engineer, localisation and mapping engineer, etc.
- We may not see the self-driving car on Indian roads in the near future, but the nature of Indian traffic and the rash driving we see daily do need it.
- Not many universities are currently offering course related to AI in India, but this will surely change with colleges like IIT-Allahabad working to offer more and more opportunities for students with new specialization courses.