The memo titled “I’m not returning to Google after my maternity leave and here’s why” is going viral and Google has no answers.
The memo written by a Google employee accusing the company of discrimination and retaliation for pregnancy has been viewed by at least 10,000 employees.
- The woman posted the memo last week to an internal company message board for expecting and new mothers.
- The message was reposted and has since gone viral with Google employees from different parts of Google.
- Memes new being posted in support of the woman receiving thousands of likes.
- The woman wrote: “I’m sharing this statement because I hope it informs needed change in how Google handles discrimination, harassment and retaliation.”
- She also entails how HR was unable to handle the situation with no proactive measures in place for protection from retaliation by higher management.
- Google is really not the best place to work at, only a facade of what should be in the face of what is.