Food connoisseurs can go to any extent to have their favourite dishes – to the most bizarre of eateries. Well having Chicken Biryani at this Prison in Kerala tops it all.
Inmates at the Viyyur Jail in Kerala have set up a shop where they make lip-smacking chicken biryani – you can go to the Prison or just order it to your doorstep.
- The administration of the Kerala jail has started the sale of biryani, made by the prisoners online.
- At Viyyur Central Jail located in Thrissur, Kerala, inmates have taken the art of eating out beyond your usual fantasies.
- The prison officials have set up an eatery known as the Freedom Food Factory which makes traditional Keralite food served on the banana leaf.
- Now the eatery is online with a special menu available through food aggregator Swiggy and named it the Freedom Combo Lunch.
- The Freedom Combo is made up of biryani rice, a fried chicken leg piece, chicken curry, four chapatis, pickle, salad and a bottle of water.
- So, if you are doubtful or afraid to enter into the Jail compound then you can order your food through the online company at an affordable Rs.127.
- The Freedom Food Factory outlet is a hit with the locals and sells about 500-700 biryanis and 25,000 rotis each day.
- The food is prepared by 100 male inmates in a dedicated kitchen which was set up at a cost of Rs. 50 Lakhs.
- Under the brand name ‘Food for Freedom’, a similar restaurant has been set up near the central jail in Thiruvananthapuram, which has become a huge hit.