The Lok Sabha witnessed an uproar after Ex-Top Cop and now BJP MP Satyapal Singh’s statement during a discussion on the NIA act amendment Bill. The house also witnessed verbal spat between AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi and Home Minister Amit Shah.
- The Lok Sabha took up the National Investigation Agency (NIA) act 2008 amendment Bill that seeks to strengthen the agency by empowering it to probe offences committed outside India against Indian citizens or affecting the interests of India.
- The Bill also seeks to empower NIA in cases involving explosives and the responsibility in cases of human trafficking will be given to the investigation agency.
- There was an uproar created by the Opposition with AIMIM Chief Owaisi after the remarks of a former top cop of Mumbai and now BJP MP Satyapal Singh in the House.
“In Hyderabad, I remembered a very specific case when one of the police commissioners probing Mecca Masjid blast arrested some of the suspects from the minority community. The CM himself called the Police Commissioner and told him to not do this or else he would lose his job,”
Satyapal Singh said.
- Owaisi was demanding that the ruling party should place on the table of the House the conversation of the Hyderabad Police Commissioner.
- Amit Shah told Owaisi to make a habit of listening to the speeches of other members in the House.
- Owaisi alleged that whoever doesn’t support their (BJP) decisions, are called anti-nationals.
- He also alleged that Amit Shah threatens opposition leader by raising fingers.
- Moving the proposed legislation for consideration and passage in the House, MOS for Home G. Kishan Reddy said that terrorism is a dangerous problem and senior leaders have been victims.
- The Bill was passed in the House, yesterday.
By: Abhinav Ranjan, Editorial Desk, DKODING Media