It was the use of our personal data which caused Sundar Pichai to stand in front of the Congress. Now, either you have to decline that request from Gooogle to use your data or just delete it to play even safer.
If you don’t want Google to use your data or want to say goodbye to your old email account, these steps will help you out in deleting your Gmail data.
- Go here and log in to your Google account.
- In the left sidebar, click Delete activity by.
- Click the ‘All products‘ dropdown and scroll to select Gmail.
- The tool then lets you choose how much data to delete — a specific day, the last week or month, or a specific date range.
- If you’re so inclined, you can even delete all of your Gmail data.
- Select the date or date range you’d like to delete Gmail data for, and click Delete.
- Confirm on the pop-up screen, and you have now permanently deleted that data — Google no longer has knowledge of it going forward.