London will be the home of the world’s first helicopter restaurant, created by the restaurant delivery service Deliveroo.
Bored of the old-style rooftop restaurants? Try the “Roocopter One”, where dishes will be served 1,000 feet above the ground.
- The Roocopter One will allow the guests to have a meal delivered before taking to the skies to enjoy their food while admiring an incredible view of the city.
- The experience will be free, yes you read it right, although a similar helicopter flight will cost you around $180.
- It will be available for the crowd from August 9, with the options of breakfast, brunch, lunch, high tea, or dinner flight.
- Diners will arrive at Battersea helipad in south London, order their food, be given a safety briefing, then the delivery should arrive just before take-off.
- An array of the delivery app’s most popular restaurant dishes will be on offer, including those from Wagamama, Chipotle, Bababoom, and Joe Public.
- Deliveroo will launch the service in Sydney, Hong Kong, Edinburgh over the next two years.
- The company is also determined to expand its helicopter delivery service in more rural areas.