PM Modi and his cabinet of ministers for second term took oath at the high-profile ceremony | Incumbent BJP President Amit Shah enters the government.
- Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj did not take oaths and hence will not be a part of the Cabinet.
- New ministers in the cabinet include BJP President Amit Shah, Foreign Secretary Subramaniyam Jaishankar, ex-Chattisgarh CM Arjun Munda among others.
- The grand oath-taking ceremony saw a number of Foreign leaders in attendance including Chiefs of BIMSTEC allies Kyrgyz Republic, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Mauritius.
- The Cabinet also re-includes Rajya Sabha MPs Piyush Goyal and Dharmendra Pradhan, signalling PM Modi’s deep trust in the ministers.
- The ceremony was also attended by various state ministers and celebrities.
The complete list of Union Ministers includes: Amit Shah, Sadananda Gowda, Nirmala Sitharaman, Nitin Gadkari, Ram Vilas Paswan, Narendra Singh Tomar, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Thawar Chand Gehlot, Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Ramesh Pokhriyal “Nishank”, Arjun Munda, Smriti Irani, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Prakash Javadekar, Piyush Goyal, Dharmendra Pradhan, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Pralhad Joshi, Arvind Sawant, Giriraj Singh, and Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
The complete list of Ministers of State includes: Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Rao Inderjeet Singh, Shripad Nayak, Dr. Jitendra Singh, Kiren Rijiju, Prahlad Singh Patel, RK Singh, Hardeep Singh Puri, Mansukh Madaviya, Faggan Singh Kulaste, Ashwini Chaube, Arjun Meghwal, Gen. VK Singh, Krishnapal Gujjar, Raosaheb Danve, G Kishan Reddy, Purushottam Rupala, Ramdas Athavale, Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti, Babul Supriyo, Sanjeev Kumar Balyan, Anurag Singh Thakur, Suresh Angadi, Niyanand Rai, Ratan Lal Katariya, B Murlidharan, Renuka Singh Saruta, Som Prakash, Rameshwar Teli, Pratap Sarangi, Kailash Chaudhary, and Debashree Chaudhary.