After practicing parenting on rocks and some pieces of fish, a gay penguin couple has finally adopted an egg.
Homosexuality in penguins and some other animals is extremely common and still many humans still consider it as acting against nature.
- Skipper and Ping are two penguins who live at Zoo Berlin in Germany.
- The duo came as a couple and made their intentions of starting a family together pretty clear by taking turns trying to incubate rocks.
- The zookeepers were aware of their desire to have a baby donated an egg from another penguin who never hatched her own chick.
- Zoo officials aren’t confirmed about the fertility of the egg and they will get a brighter picture of the situation in early September.
- The couple changed their behavior the moment they were in the possession of the egg; the soon-to-be parents have become more protective now.
- This would be the first penguin egg to be hatched since 2002 at Zoo Berlin. Another reason for the cheer up.
- However, this is not the first time a same-sex penguin couple has raised a baby together.
- Sphen and Magic, two male gentoos in Australia adopted a chick together last year, and there are numerous other examples.