The monopolistic king of social media Facebook has finally come up with a dark mode for their mobile app users.
Facebook has already rolled out this feature for the Messenger app but the complexity and the heavy size has made the wait for it in the main app very long.
- We may soon see a dark mode option available in our favorite facebook mobile app making the app finally adopting the dark mode.
- The code was spotted by app researcher Jane Manchun Wong while going through Facebook’s underlying code of an unreleased version of the dark mode.
- According to her, only certain parts of the app have been redeveloped and for a large scale app like Facebook may take a longer time to refine the new mode.
- The screenshots from Manchun shows the extreme dark version of the app with black text on a dark background.
- Facebook has already rolled out this feature for the Messenger app but the complexity and the heavy size has made the wait for it in the main app very long.
- The dark mode is a very popular feature these days with most of the famous apps have already adopted it.
- The less battery consumption and strain to the user’s eyes is the reason for the popularity and demand for this feature.
- There is no official comment from Facebook regarding the much-awaited feature, the official release date for both the platform is still unknown.