Ever heard of lucid dreaming? This one is one step ahead with actually hacking into your dreams and gaining control of them.
Sleep scientists are thinking of a way to hack into your subconscious mind, and let you design your dream based on what you want from them.
- The Dream team at MIT Media Lab is working on decoding the subconscious mind and not just to gain some knowledge but to interfere with it too.
- They want to use the subconscious mind to harness a lot of inspirational thoughts and ideas which we lost when we wake up.
- The state of being half-asleep, Hypnagogia, has been associated with creativity and problem-solving.
- Many visionaries have used Hypnagogia, to give art and science fraternity some iconic ideas and moments, including Nicolas Tesla, Thomas Edison and Salvodar Dali.
- To record your thoughts during this stage, the dream team has introduced a device Dormio.
- This device recognizes a hypnagogic state, triggers a robotic cue or creative prompt in your sleep, and records your mumbled response.
- They are planning to further understand the other stages of sleep which the entrance to your subconscious mind will be.
- These techniques will not only record your thoughts but also let you design your dream based on whether you want to fight your fear or breaking a bad habit.