Megvii, the Chinese AI startup will help you track any lost dog’s identity by just focusing on its nose.
The app can be used to find irresponsible pet owners.
- Megvii which is a Chinese AI startup which provides facial recognition software for the Chinese government’s surveillance program.
- Megvii is now expanding its facial technology beyond human, by recognizing different faces of dogs.
- The company is making a biometric recognition for dogs, which is great news for the dog lover.
- The new program is trained to recognize dogs by their nose prints much like how humans have unique fingerprints.
- Instead of scanning the whole face of the dog it only focuses on the dog’s nose.
- Megvii app can register your pet by scanning the snout through your phone’s camera. Just like how a phone registers your fingerprint for biometric unlock.
- The company claims that the accuracy rate is of 95 per cent and has reunited 15,000 pets with their owners through the app.
- The technology is mainly based on the idea that canines are discernible by their nose prints.
- This app can also be used to monitor “uncivilized dog keeping” to fine civilians who don’t pick up after their canines or allow them to walk without leases in public space.