Marvel’s sorcerer supreme, Doctor Strange has saved the universe yet again. But his time the price was way too high.
Doctor Strange #17 saw some tragic turns of an event with the destruction of the universe, its restoration and a heartbreaking end to a love story.
- Doctor Strange #17 had something no one actually anticipated, with Galactus being sent to the mystic realms by sorcerer Zoloz.
- This move of Zoloz put the whole universe in jeopardy. Galactus feasted on one of the realms’ unusual worlds infusing him with arcane energy.
- To make things worse, the new ally of Galactus, Dormammu in an unsuccessful attempt to control him became his feast.
- Galactus imbued with his new power stood at the nexus of realities and the whole universe saw a dangerous merger of science and magic.
- Doctor Strange allies with representatives of Asgard and the empires of the Skrull, Kree, and Shi’ar and attacks Galactus.
- Strange sacrificed them all to destroy the Galactus and this whole event destroyed the universe too.
- Strange then makes a deal with the devil, Mephisto and performs a surgery on the Universe and reinstated the whole history of Universe too.
- But the price Strange paid to Mephisto was the love of his life, Clea. He had to erase Clea’s memories of him.
- So, this how the comic ended, the Universe is safe. But Clea has no idea who Doctor Strange is.