A recent diving visit to the ship that sank an age ago shows that Titanic lies decaying 3,800m deep in the Atlantic seabed.
“Titanic is returning to nature,” said the Titanic historian, Parks Stephenson.
- Parts of this wreck still exist in astonishingly good condition. The story of this sunken ship has also been engraved in our hearts because of the critically acclaimed movie going by the same name.
- The captain’s bathtub, a favourite among the enthusiasts of the sunken beauty. The Titanic diving trip was a course of five dives.
- “That whole deckhouse on that side is collapsing, taking with it the staterooms. And that deterioration is going to continue advancing.” The diver has seen things we can only imagine.
- Strong tidal waves of the ocean, corrosion due to salt and bacteria that can eat metal are making a triple threat attack on the sunken masterpiece, Titanic.
- RMS Titanic sank into the Atlantic 102 years ago. It fell into the depths of Atlantic about 600km away from the coast of Newfoundland, Canada.
- More than 3,700 people died when the ship sank on its way to New York.
- DSV Limiting Factor is a Triton submersible which the divers used to reach the bottom of Atlantic and to the sunken, dying masterpiece famously known as Titanic.
- It is a tremendous journey to the depths of the sea. Harsh weather conditions and high underwater pressure makes exploration next to impossible.
- Jack and Rose may be the reason everybody today knows the story of the sunken beauty, the story of Titanic is one of the most touching stories ever told.
- The sinking of this colossal ship led to the creation of better ship routes. Remarkably, Titanic II sets sail through the same route, starting out in 2020.
- Everybody hopes that the ship survives this time around. Memes about this have surfaced on Instagram as well.