Just when we thought we were making a healthy choice by switching from normal fizzy drinks to diet versions, it turns out we could actually be doing more harm than good.
Many choose “diet” drink options as a supposedly healthier alternative. But some research suggests they’re no better – and may even be worse than the regular versions.
- In spite of the fact that diet drinks have less calories, the sugars utilized in them to supplant the sugar are said to be connected to an entire host of frightful conditions.
- As per researchers, diet beverages could really expand your danger of heart assault, strokes and even dementia. Alarming stuff.
- Their research seemed to show that drinking two or more cans a day ups the risk of stroke by a quarter and heart disease by a third.
- The risk of early death, when compared with people who never drink them, is 16% higher for people who do.
- Artificial sweeteners in diet soda fulfil a person’s craving for a sweet taste without the calories. But that’s the problem, according to researchers.
- The taste of sweet does cause the release of insulin, which lowers blood sugar, and if carbohydrates are not consumed, it causes a drop in blood sugar, which triggers hunger and cravings for sugar.